Found this at the bottom of my “in-box”, also from the Levinson Institute, things to remember that help us connect to the people we work with:
The Universal Sources Of Stress
1. We all feel inadequate – the self image never meets up to the ego ideal
2. We all age – and with aging comes increasing rigidity
3. The Unconscious Conspiracy – throwing resources at a problem doesn’t fix it
4. The World of Expanding Complexities
5. Isolation – DONT BE ISOLATED , maintain connections
6. Stand on your Values – your values are your anchors, not your behaviors
7. Pair Up
those last two aren’t sources of stress, I don’t know how they got on the list, but I like them.
Dr. Lovins loves learning about medicine and leadership, sings in a rocking band called the Inflatables and is married to a photographer named Andrew with whom she shares three excellent children and two small dogs.