Getting Started with The Hospital Leader on the WordPress Platform
Logging in to WordPress
1. Go to: www.hospitalmedicine.org/blog
2. Scroll down to the very bottom and find the text that reads, “Member Login,” and click on the link.
3. Type in your username and password on the following page and click the “Log In” button.
4. You will be brought to your “Dashboard” that serves as your home screen with updates and recent statistics. What you will be most concerned with are the links on the left-hand side of the page.
Creating a Blog Post in WordPress
1. On the left-hand side, roll your mouse over the “Posts” menu option and a dropdown menu will appear.
3. Click in the text bar that reads, “Enter title here” and type in the title of your post.
4. Below the text bar for the title of your post, you will see some formatting buttons. To see all the formatting buttons for the body of your post, click the button that’s in the top row, second from the right. When you roll your cursor over it, it reads, “Show/Hide Kitchen Sink.” Click on the button to show more or fewer formatting options.
5. Start typing your post in the space below the formatting buttons. You can change the formatting by adding a header or a bulleted list, changing text formatting to italics, etc. To figure out what a formatting button does, roll your mouse over it and a little box will appear telling you what that button does.
6. When you are done typing, please select one or several categories that apply to your post. You can find the categories on the right-hand side of the screen. If you would like to add a new category, you can also do that (e.g. Patient Perspective, OB/GYN, etc.).
7. Please be sure to click “Save Draft” button periodically. It can be found in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Also, to view your post as it would appear, click the “Preview” button, which can also be found in the top right-hand corner of the screen. A preview of your post will open in a new tab or window for you to view.